Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Strange looks in the Walgreens drive thru

     Okay, yesterday I read Seduction and Snacks by Tara Sivec and today I have started Futures and Frosting also by Tara which is the second book in her Chocolate Lover's series. I seriously don't think I have laughed so much while reading a book in my entire life. I laughed a lot while reading Wallbanger by Alice Clayton, but never this much. I don't know if a person who is not a parent would laugh as much as myself, but having a 5 year old and an 8 year old changes the dynamic for me.
     I just received the strangest looks while waiting in the Walgreen's drive thru. I used to hate waiting in the car line, but now it just gives me a chance to read on my Kindle Fire. The main character, Claire, has a four year old son named, Gavin, and he reminds me so much of my 5 year old. The things that come out of his mouth are absolutely hysterical. Wonderful writing Ms. Sivec!  The people in the other cars around me must think I am an idiot while I am waiting in the car line laughing like a hyena! I just have to say that I knew there was a reason that I don't listen to Rihanna's S&M song while my children are in the vehicle, because I knew that they would be singing just like Gavin. My daughter already goes around the house singing, "I'm sexy and I know it" and I when she does that my thoughts always go back to Chris Rock's stand-up comedy routine where he says his main goal as a parent is to keep his daughters off the pole!

No comments:

Post a Comment