Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Is this how it is?

     I haven't been posting much of anything, because I haven't felt the need to talk about much and I haven't been reading as much as I seem to be fascinated with Facebook all the time now. I have to learn to step away from the phone or computer, but I feel like I might be missing something important! Which if I am being honest with myself, I know that I am not!
     I am constantly hearing on Facebook and by other authors, how amazing Kelli Maine is. She is the author of "Taken" and she has a new novella coming out in February based on her "Dolls and Doms" series. I have not read her books, because I was on the fence about the dark nature of her plot lines. "Taken" is based upon a billionaire kidnapping a woman and how she comes to fall in love with him. It almost makes me think of raping someone and then they fall in love with that person? The concept is just a little weird for me, but I should not judge, as I have not read the book and I may actually love it if I read it. That being said, I have read one teaser from the "Dolls and Doms" series and it didn't make much sense to me, because I didn't really have the background story and again it screamed dark and possibly the character has Dissociative Identity Disorder (also known as Multiple Personality Disorder)? Which again, I am good with since I am a counselor, but I was taking off my erotic reader hat and putting on my counselor hat and it just wasn't working since I didn't have the full background. I read to escape, not to psychoanalyze. I wanted to give this author a shot and see if I could find a bunch of teasers and maybe start from the beginning. No such luck, I can't find them and it looks as if the author probably has taken them off her blog to get ready to publish the novella.
     However, in the process of looking for teasers from "Dolls and Doms," I came across a post about her characters from "Taken" and what they would look like in 15 years. The man, Merrick, was trying to get him some with his wife, at an inopportune moment I might add, but the wife Rachel, was thinking about kids and emails? How sad is that? I know this happens, but seriously, people wonder why men and women cheat on their spouses. You have to do the work! There have been plenty of times in the last 13 years that I have fallen in and out of love with my husband and days that I just didn't want to have anything to do with him. Those times have been few and far between and we have gone through lulls in our sex life, but for the most part, I consider us lucky and blessed to have one another. Marriage doesn't come easy and life can be draining. Kids swamp us with their needs, but that doesn't mean you don't have to put forth the effort!
     Merrick was trying to be spontaneous and sexy and even though they were interrupted, Rachel could have said, "Save that thought for later?" Women have to stroke the males ego and be sexy, even if that is not how you are feeling at the moment. Couples get what they put in and if you aren't putting in any effort, then that is what you will get in return. I'm dying to know if this is how it is for you or others? I thought about adding to this blog ways to spice up your love life or good mental health options for your relationship, but do people want to read about this?
     Also, if you have any insight about Kelli Maine's writing and want to share your opinion, I would love that too! Please let me know, am I missing out on a great read or should I stay away?

No comments:

Post a Comment