Thursday, January 10, 2013

Feeling blah

I hate after I read a book that I can sometimes feel bereft at the loss once I am finished and that is how I have been feeling for days since finishing The Barter System by Shayne McClendon. I never thought I would get so attached to this book! I thought it was formatted like those erotica short stories, which are perfectly fine, if you are just trying to get a cheap quick story, but nothing that you get invested in. Well, by the second participant in Riya's dissertation, I was hooked! I balled like a baby after the fourth participant. What a roller coaster of emotions! I also never thought I would enjoy her trip to NYC, due to the controversial relationship, but then I fell in love and I want to know more about these types of relationships.
I found out today from Shh...Mom's reading post on Facebook that Shayne plans to write more on Tawny, Riya's best friend, and Lucas's twins. I absolutely can't wait and jumping up and down with the news!
Until then, I need to find a book to get me past these feelings!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment